|Job Ref:||204549209||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£60000/annum Plus excellent benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:37|
Scantec Personnel are recruiting for a "Control and Monitoring Systems Manager" to work for their Client who designs and manufactures energy efficient and renewable technologies.|
The primary role of the job is to manage and coordinate the various control and monitoring activities being carried out within the Product Development Team. The role will also include 'hands on` development activities primarily focused on hardware/firmware development but could include providing any other support as and when required within the team.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- To manage development resources in order to deliver the required projects on time and on budget.
- To work with the broader business to ensure systems are fit for purpose and meet users requirements
- To be responsible for all aspects of the development process including but not limited to the implementation of working practices, I.T requirements, Quality Management, Health and Safety and liaison with other company managers and their teams.
- To manage and motivate the development team
- To manage other possible technical resources. (Third party solution providers and individuals working on a consultancy type arrangement)
The Control and Monitoring Systems team is responsible for the control and monitoring system development, covering a wide range of technical disciplines including hardware, embedded software development, LAN and WAN communications, web technology and PC software development.
Technologies used within current projects include CANbus, Modbus, TCP/IP, ARM processors, C programming language, Keil development toolchain for embedded development, MS Visual Studio for software development including Silverlight, C#, HTML5 and (url removed). Although the role doesn`t require the candidate to be an expert in any of these fields, due to the nature of the small team and operating as a 'sounding board` in all areas, a basic knowledge in as many areas as possible would be a great advantage.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis