|Job Ref:||204549854||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stoke-on-Trent||Address:||Post Code:||ST4||Salary:||£33000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:38|
My client provides industrial automation, products and services to a wide and diverse market sector. They also have specialist knowledge in weighing and batching automation in the food, chemical, concrete and aggregate industries.|
They are currently looking for a Control Systems Engineer who is very experienced on the PLC side to join their ever growing team.
Salary: £33,000 to £38,000 per annum
• This is the ideal role for a talented candidate with a wide technical skill-set, including Allen
• Bradley Control/Compact Logix and/or SLC500 PLC's and/or Siemens S7 PLC's, looking to join
• our established industry leading company.
• As a PLC Control Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for a combination of new system developments through the full software & engineering lifecycle. This will include understanding business requirements, designing solutions, testing, and commissioning, together with the maintenance and improvements of existing client control systems. You will also be required to provide support to other team members and groups within the company and must be able to liaise with both customers and external suppliers.
• The successful candidate will have experience of Allen Bradley Control/Compact Logix and/or SLC500 PLC's and/or Siemens S7 PLC's. There would also be an expectation to have an understanding of industrial communications protocols and have good analytical and development skills.
• Allen Bradley/Rockwell or Siemens
• Implementation of communications protocols (Profibus/Devicenet/TCP/IP, serial communication, OPC etc.)
• Good analytical and development skills
• Strong time management skills
• Work to deadlines and respond effectively to customer requests.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Ability to interface with customers.
• Good working knowledge of PC's and Windows Operating Systems
• Work as an individual and as part of multi-disciplinary team
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• Creating & working from design specifications
• Planning of software development timescales
• Design and implementation of PLC code.
• Development and improvement of new & existing PLC Control Systems
• Testing & debugging PLC code
• Supporting external customers & systems
If this would be of interest, please apply today with your latest CV for immediate consideration