|Job Ref:||204550080||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum BENEFITS||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:29|
Salary up to £35,000 + BENEFITS
This is an excellent opportunity for a competent, motivated Bridge Engineer to join a leading, well-recognised, multi-disciplinary consultancy in a well-established team based in Cumbria. You will get the chance to work on some unique and interesting projects throughout the Transportation sector and you will make positive progress towards Chartered Engineer status.
Our client is offering a supportive and friendly work environment, a competitive starting salary, plus pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus schemes, vouchers for work and discounted rail cards and gym membership.
In order to be considered for this Bridge Engineer role you will;
* Have a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Working towards CEng status
* Experience of a range of bridge solutions
* Some AutoCAD experience or knowledge of bridge engineering software
* Design using EuroCodes and British standards
* Have experience of highways agency standards
* Experience of LUSAS, SAM, MIDAS etc
* Demonstrable experience in the design, checking and assessment of bridges, retaining structures and foundations
* Strong analytical skills and experience of designing / assessment in reinforced and pre-stressed concrete and steel bridges and retaining walls.
Working as a Bridge Engineer you will;
* Conduct structural analysis, design, checking and assessment of bridges, retaining structures and foundation
* Liaising with the Technical Lead or Project Manager as appropriate to establish a clear definition of the project requirement
* Managing the work output effectively to meet client brief, budget and programme requirement
* Assisting with the preparation of bids
In order to discuss this Bridge Engineer role and other positions within the TRANSPORTATION sector please call MIKAELA on (Apply online only) or email your CV