|Job Ref:||204544629||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||GU1||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:38|
Ensuring the smooth introduction of product improvements, on time with the minimum of disruption. Actively reducing waste in all its forms by championing lean manufacturing techniques and value engineering.
Key Functions of Job
• Recommend and implement process improvements, which lead to cost reduction and increased production efficiency.
• Prepare detailed cost justifications using total cost of acquisition.
• Plan and control the effectivity and implementation of product and process improvements.
• Promote continuous improvement through DMAIC principles.
• Define best practice processes, which lead to increased productive efficiency, waste reduction and improved quality.
• Ensure all records are produced and maintained to a high standard, which as a minimum must conform to ISO 9001.
• Define the required methods and instructions to ensure that products are built using the defined process and to the agreed specifications.
• Effective communication and implementation of build / process changes to production personnel.
• Effective control and introduction of design engineering changes & ACN's.
• Raising of ECR's to improve assembly methods, build times, resolution of problems etc.
• Validation of BOM's & work centre maintenance.
• Creation and continual update of Manufacturing Instructions.
• Requisition and maintenance of specialist production tools and equipment including assembly operator training where required.
• Accurate recording and evaluation of build / process times (via shop floor data collection process) with the objective to increase labour efficiency and productivity (including training).
• Supplier installation assembly process compliance.
• Utilisation of Takt time creation and Line balancing methodology utilisation
• Problem solving & investigations including those related to customer concerns.
• Ensure safe system of work in accordance with risk assessments and method statements.
Qualifications and Training:
• HNC or degree
• Green Belt lean practitioner
• Degree in mechanical, electrical, manufacturing or engineering
• Black belt
Experience and Knowledge:
• Sound technical background
• General M/S office usage (word, excel, PowerPoint, access, project)
• Design experience
• Time & motion experience
• 3 D visual mapping
• Risk assessment
• Coach building skills
• Woodwork knowledge
• Experience of BoM's and systems
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
• AutoCAD, Microstaton training
• Timer Pro
• Good communication skills
• Understand the needs of the company
• Demonstrate a high level of accuracy & attention to detail.
• Practical skills
• Computer skills
• Troubleshooting ability
• DFM competency
• DFA competency
• Ability to deal with problems quickly and effectively.
• Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and within a team.
• Good communicator (written and oral)
• Ability to work to tight targets and deadlines
• Ability to work on numerous tasks at a given time
• Logical mind
• Own transport
• Work some unpaid overtime as the need arises.
• Spend time away from home as the need arises, for supplier visits, testing, shows etc.
• Live within travelling distance