|Job Ref:||204544748||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Middlesex||Address:||Post Code:||HA0||Salary:||£13.50 - £14/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:37|
Spence Precision are currently recruiting a CNC Miller, Programmer, Setter - Fanuc Controls|
Salary £13.50 - £14.00 Per Hour
To write programmes, perform setups and operate CNC mills to manufacture precision parts. The job holder will play an integral role in proving out and implementing new production methods, driving continuous improvement and efficient work methods as well as guiding other operators in the machining of products.
1. To program and set CNC machines to manufacture precision parts according to engineering drawings and specifications.
2. To implement new production methods, using the latest computer technology to improve cost efficiency and ensure continuous improvement.
3. To work according to tight schedules and follow strict quality control and precise guidelines as outlined in ISO 9001:2008 and as per supplier requirements.
4. Adhere to the Company Health and Safety requirements and follow Company rules and acceptable codes of conduct.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings
• Ability to use a wide variety of measuring equipment
• Working within an ISO 9001:2008 environment
• Proficiency in Computer Programming (CNC) and basic IT systems
• Innovative & driven
• Strong work ethic
• Flexible and supportive
• Good time management
• Discrete, confidential and professional
• Good communication skills
• BTEC in Engineering or equivalent experience/knowledge.
• Experience as a CNC Setter, Programmer and Operator with CAD/CAM programming knowledge.
• Experience working on CNC Mills
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Setting and Programming
1.1. Creates, loads, examines and modifies CNC programmes, proves out and records details on the part programmer register.
1.2. Guides CNC operators in the machining of products, including resolution of programming and technical issues.
1.3. Operates machines as required.
1.4. Works to tight tolerances and produces machine parts to high specification and quality.
1.5. Identifies and reports drawing errors to line manager and recommends corrections to ensure the timely completion of the job.
2. Quality Control
2.1. Processes products according to product documentation, ensuring that quality standards are achieved.
2.2. Ensures all production process work is recorded upon the inspection route cards including quantity accepted, rejected and scrap.
2.3. Ensures that all material used is handled safely to prevent damage.
2.4. Adheres to all written procedures, work instructions and drawings to ensure that the products are produced to acceptable quality criteria.
2.5. Informs line manager if there are any rejects during the process so that timely corrective action can be taken.
2.6. Ensures there is a "First Off" inspection check before commencing operation.
3. Repair and Maintenance
3.1. Reports machine malfunctions on a timely basis to Workshop Supervisor to minimize downtime.
3.2. Carries out routine maintenance and maintains cleanliness of the machines and work area.
Spence Precision Consultancy Background...
Spence Precision Consultancy has a team of ex engineers, all have many years hands on experience, we decided to set up our own engineering recruitment consultancy, only specialising in what we know...(We only recruit for permanent positions).
We wouldn't waste your time, so will only call you or send you to interview if you're 100% suited to that vacancy. We have a formula which places candidates week in week out. We also have many contacts within the engineering world so are able to place you into companies most agencies can't
Spence Precision, are a dedicated Technical and Engineering Recruitment Consultancy. We are constantly looking for experienced CNC Machinists, CADCAM/EDM/CMM Engineers, Press Toolmakers/Designers, Universal/CNC Grinders, Sales/Manufacturing/Quality/Maintenance/Production Engineers.
Please feel free to contact us on (Apply online only) or look at the current vacancies on our website