|Job Ref:||204545098||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£28000 - £40000/annum OTE Overtime and bonus||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:39|
A well established Fire & Security company based in Hertfordshire is currently recruiting for a Fire Alarm Service Engineer|
The client is a market leader in providing customised security and fire solutions to small and medium business, major high street brands, the Police and Government establishments, and the financial sector.
The company provide services such as Fire Alarms, CCTV, Access Control, Intruder and Fire alarms
Overview of the role -
- Servicing and corrective maintenance of fire alarms, high sensitivity smoke sensing systems, voice alarms / public address systems, emergency lighting, nurse / warden / staff call systems, fire extinguishers, induction loops and other associated systems at our Customers' premises
- You will be required to complete all appropriate documentation, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate British Standards and Approval Bodies
- You will be required to carry out minor installation work and correct faults, as required, at our Customers' premises, you will be required to complete all appropriate documentation, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate British Standard and Approval Bodies
The types of equipment we expect the Applicant to be experienced or familiar with are -
The company have a fire duty roster for all servivce engineers, operating 1 in 9 weeks for all emergency call outs on a 24/7 basis.
Suitable applicants MUST have a minimum of 3 years experience within servicing of fire alarm products, and have an excellent understanding of both Conventional and Addressable Fire Alarms.
Other requirements include a full clean drivers license, references and be prepared to complete security clearance
Excellent salary and benefits package on offer including -
- Basic Salary of up to £26K basic, with an OTE of up to £40K
- Paid Door to Door when travelling to site, time is paid at basic rate. Travel is only unpaid when travelling to office.
- Standby rate of £150 for the week from Monday to Sunday, any weekday callouts are paid at x1.5, weekends and bank holidays are paid at x2
- 23 days holiday at an enhanced rate, plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Company van with air conditioning, and fuel card
- Company Uniform, Hands Free Mobile Phone
- Contributory Pension Scheme
If overtime is worked when not on call, then overtime is payable as below which is separate from travel time -
Mon to Fri - x1.33
Saturday - x1.5
Sunday - x2
Immediate interviews are available for the right person, however candidates will only be considered if they live within 30 miles of Hertfordshire.
The company are well established with over 30 years experience in the fire and security industry, and are looking to grow the field service team both for installation and service sides of the business.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)