|Job Ref:||204545308||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum Up to £32,000||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:29|
Posted by: Expion|
Job title: Night-Shift Maintenance engineer (10pm to 6am)
Salary: Up to £32k
Job Reference: KL-2629
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing plastics manufacturer
To provide an engineering maintenance and breakdown service for the manufacturing equipment located over two adjacent sites
Roles and responsibilities
• Implementation of engineering work instructions and training documentation as and when required.
• Continuous improvement of all related production equipment to drive OEE up and above specified targets and to reduce scrap to below specified targets.
• To ensure PPM is completed on time and all T-card systems are updated. Notification to be given to the Production Shift Manager when scheduled time lines are not met with reasons why.
• All spares used need to be logged on the T-card system and updated/re-ordered in suitable time.
• A high level of house-keeping is required at all times, sufficient time should be allocated at the end of your shift to clean your working area and put all tools away in a professional manner.
• Investigation of reoccurring faults and follow up action is essential, the engineer has the responsibility to send equipment back to manufactures for analysis and repair.
• To log all major breakdowns per shift on the maintenance fault log.
• Ensure a high level of health and safety is adhered to at all time's leading by example.
• To communicate with department Shift Managers or deputies and prioritise work-loads in times of multiple breakdowns.
• 4 year recognised engineering apprenticeship
• NVQ level 1, 2 & 3 in a related engineering principle
• ONC in mechanical or electrical engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
• Technical awareness of manufacturing, including detailed understanding of moulding, tooling, robotics, assembly and PLC programming.
• Proven analytical and decision making skills.
• Computer literate.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
• Operate effectively under pressure
• Able to analyse faults and correct using a logical approach.
• Positive 'can do' attitude
• Helpful and considerate
• Ability to work as part of a team
My client is an international expert plastics manufacturer, one of few who specialise in their field, who, due to growth, are looking for new engineers.
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Kitty Lang.
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: our FMCG recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and candidates. Our in-depth knowledge of recruitment across core sectors enables us to provide advice based on experience and to give you the best access to client vacancies