|Job Ref:||204546056||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Competitive Salary + Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:09|
provides the marine industry's most complete portfolio of innovative products, integrated solutions and global services.
The Quality Health Safety and Environmental Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company Quality, Environment Health and Safety (QEHS) Management System and provides guidance to the whole organisation driving the QA process from pre-qualification and tender requests to project and operational QEHS plans.
1. To align the Quality Management System and resources with the strategic direction of the company business.
2. To work with the GM and senior management team to develop and implement a strategy for the business. Thereafter work with other employees to achieve results.
3. To manage the QEHS team planning and targets target.
4. To initiate and support activities and projects which will help to achieve world-class quality standards.
5. To manage internal and external relationships e.g. with classification societies to maintain product type approval certification and associated documentation.
6. To establish and monitor quality related KPIs throughout the business.
7. To identify opportunities for business process improvements and to provide support as new ways of working are developed and implemented.
8. To provide a resource for problem-solving together with the generation and evaluation of potential solutions.
9. To oversee the creation and implementation of Quality Plans.
10. To oversee the delivery of quality from suppliers; in particular from the client facility in Suzhou, China.
11. To represent the company to customers on QEHS related matters.
12. To manage compliance with and retention of ISO9001, MED and PED accreditation and other standards (including legal) as may become applicable
13. To travel in the UK and overseas as required.
14. To comply with and promote compliance with company policies.
15. To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
16. To manage the Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety function within the company.
17. Acts as QEHS Management Representative, internal auditor and facilitates QEHS Annual Management Review.
18. Ensure legal compliance particularly relevant to QEHS.
1. Identify, define and support the implementation of QEHS training.
2. Support implementation of Group development activities as requested.
3. Keep management aware of QEHS performance level by monitoring and reporting conformance.
4. Leads implementation of QEHS, develop and maintain management system and tools in line with Corporate and business requirement.
To implement appropriate LEAN principles to improve customer satisfaction and improve efficiency in all areas of the business. A mix of direct management, support, training and coaching will be required to achieve this across the various departments.
Three or more years' experience of QEHS preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Sound experience of achieving quality improvements including the use of Lean techniques.
Experience of working with customers and suppliers to improve quality.
Proven experience of achieving and maintaining compliance with ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Experience of Marine Equipment Directive (MED) and Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) would be an advantage
Salary Competitive c£45-55,000 + Bens
We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions