|Job Ref:||204547468||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£21000 - £28000/annum + Company Van + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:38|
Compressed Air Service Engineer|
Location: Southampton, to cover the M3 area.
Salary: £21,000 - £28,000 DoE + Company Van and Benefits
The Service Engineer with report to the National Engineering Manager and deliver a first rate compressed air engineering service to customers throughout the UK, providing advice, diagnostics, routine maintenance and emergency help whenever/wherever needed. The Service Engineer will act as an ambassador for the Company on-site. To cover customer sites in the Southampton area and up the M3.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Undertake planned and preventative maintenance of compressed air systems.
* Perform emergency breakdown fault finding and repair.
* Take part in machine commissioning and training activities.
* Install compressors and compressed air systems.
* Repair broken-down equipment under emergency call out schemes.
* Participate in the call out rota.
* Complete service reports, timesheets, job sheets, recommendations neatly and submit in a timely manner in accordance with laid down procedures.
* Complete appropriate risk assessment and method statement paperwork before commencing jobs.
* Recommend additional work that assists the customers and enhances Company's performance.
* Maintain good professional working relationships with all existing and new customers.
* Maintain Company vehicle in accordance with guidelines.
* Provide feedback on any product design features causing maintenance or operational difficulties.
* Ensure ongoing compliance with both Company and customer health and safety and Environmental procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Electrical/electronically qualified engineer, ideally C&G or equivalent.
* Previous experience working compressed air systems.
* Own tools would be desirable.
* Previous experience in a field based role is essential.
* Able to work overtime as required, with some travel to areas outside of usual region.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Good IT skills.
* Desire to provide high quality workmanship