|Job Ref:||204548207||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||ST15 0SA||Address:||Salary:||£10000/month||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:40|
Principal Test and Validation Engineer Vacancy|
Bibby Scientific designs and manufactures laboratory equipment for a global customer base and in order to maintain its commitment to exceed customer`s expectation a Principal Test & Validation Engineer vacancy has arisen.
Purpose of the role:
• The role focuses on the development of the test plan for each product, collation of the results, quality reviews and the general management of our evidence covering the required aspects of the EMC Directive (EN61326-1:2013) and the LVD Directive (EN61010-1:2010, EN61010-2-010/020/051/061).
• Maintain the traceable certification records and all associated test equipment.
• Principal engineer will perform in-house EMC, electrical and RF testing utilising a wide range of measurement equipment (e.g., EMC chamber, oscilloscopes, signal generators, voltmeters, spectrum analysers and measurement receivers) to critically assess new and existing products to identify any areas of non-conformance.
• Leading a Test and Validation team responsible for a test programme covering both LVD and EMC testing across a variety of our electrical/electronic products (e.g., hotplates, stirrers, rotators, thermocyclers, etc.)
• Responsibility for the assembly and maintenance of our Technical Files by:
o Defining and developing the software & instrument test specification/strategy in order to deliver products which conform to market and regulatory requirements.
o Recording of test results, test methodology, test configurations is required in a methodical way to ensure accuracy of the measurements. Data capture could be from a variety of ways from fully automated software to manual engineering methods.
o Responsible for monitoring change to the standards and assessing any testing or updates required for our products to maintain conformance.
• Construct test and validation procedures from product specifications with the Project/Product Team
- Reports to the Project Manager to ensure a successful project outcome.
- Liaise closely with members of the NPD team to ensure coordination between the design disciplines (mechanical, electronics, firmware, software).
- Liaise with the Quality Lead and Production Engineer to ensure all lab equipment is maintained and calibrations remain current.
o Liaise with external test houses to ensure product includes the correct documentation by liaising with the project team to ensure the unit achieves the required product compliance.
Critical Skills and Competencies:
• A good working knowledge of electrical and electronic principles with a methodical approach to reporting data.
- Highly organised, with excellent Microsoft Office skills for report writing and graphing data.
• Experience using EMC/RF test equipment and chamber configuration is required for this role.
• Experience with LVD inspection processes and equipment would be an advantage.
• Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative to complete testing within agreed timescales