|Job Ref:||204548270||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£75000/annum Negotiable||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:39|
Principal Design Traction Engineer - London|
My Client is now looking to recruit two high calibre Principal Design Traction Engineer`s - one with DC traction experience and one with AC traction experience - who have proven track records in the control and delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary Rail schemes throughout the UK.
Please note that My client adheres to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- Ideally Electrical or related Degree
- Ideally Chartered membership of appropriate professional institution
- Project Management qualifications (ideally IPMA Level C such as APM Practitioner) would be an advantage
- UK Railway experience with an in-depth knowledge of Network Rail`s Grip Processes and Procedures
- Major project management experience on Electrification projects,
- Demonstrate considerable experience to competent Designer, Checker and CRE level in DC traction renewals and LV Signalling power, Point heating, Junction lighting and DNO supplies.
- Good understanding of the BS7671
- Excellent Commercial and Programming skills
- Proven track record in complex change control
- Proven ability in team leading / management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build professional and long standing relationships with Clients and other Stakeholders
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Line Manager, you will provide project management leadership for the assigned project(s) ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Rail schemes.
You will be responsible to lead and manage the delivery of all tasking`s under the project to meet time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets, managing all aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations, taking a leadership role with the project team, providing both direction and technical advice and leading by example where appropriate and to promote both the regional and global culture of the business
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all project elements are delivered safely, on time, to the appropriate quality and within budget.
- Providing sound and effective leadership to the team, providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand and become engaged with the project strategy, brief and client requirements
- Developing and managing the Project Programme and obtaining the buy-in of all stakeholders
- Ensuring that effective financial and project management controls are in place and deployed to enable monitoring, modification and forecasting as appropriate
- Continually looking to enhance productivity through improved processes, procedures and systems
- Managing the commercial aspects of the project (contract, invoicing, debt, client management)
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept informed on all relevant matters impacting and influencing projects
- Managing the acquisition, deployment and management of resources for the project to ensure optimal resource allocation for the project
- Directing the assessment, selection and management of suppliers, sub-consultants and contractors associated with projects
- Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring client delivery is above expectation
- Ensuring that completed engineering and documentation work is reviewed for technical, and client compliance
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
- Working to ensure maximum client satisfaction, championing client care and proactively working with the client
- Reviewing the performance of team members and developing them to their full potential
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis