|Job Ref:||204548643||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum + BENEFITS + BONUS||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:40|
My client is an international supplier to power generation industry and they have an excellent opportunity for a CONTRACTS ENGINEER / CONTRACTS MANAGER to join their team based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.|
They are looking for a motivated, flexible, experienced person with a Mechanical Engineering background, with knowledge and understanding of site based Health and Safety procedures to join their focused Air Pollution Control (APC) Division.
The successful candidate will join a highly motivated professional team and represent the company in respect of Health and Safety as well as supporting the day to day operations of the Division. The position will involve mainly office-based work and occasionally out on site.
* Supporting the APC team
* Report writing and production of technical specifications
* Creating and maintaining CAD drawings
* Business development support
* Have the ability to recognise opportunities for spares, service and upgrades.
* Survey existing reference sites and assist to win new orders
* Generate spares and service sales
* Customer liaison
* Be involved in the development of a Market Database, to gather and log information on Customers, Sites, Contacts, Activity, Sales and Prospects, Reports etc
* Work closely with other members of the APC team, utilising their existing contacts in order to develop new opportunities and build relationships.
* Cost estimating
* Responsible for producing technical quotations and follow up requirements upon receipt of Purchase Order
* Be involved in the Preparation of forecasts, sales reports and tracking information as required
* Be involved in the carrying out of method statement reviews to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and Company requirements
* Be involved in the carrying out of investigations, ensuring that appropriate reporting and remedial action is taken
* To review and interpret customer specifications and drawings, assisting with detailed site-surveys where required.
* To perform equipment inspections and produce detailed reports.
* To assess site requirements and produce detailed purchase requisitions.
* To delegate to mechanical installation / maintenance employees during the site construction process.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Degree or HNC / HND qualified in Mechanical Engineering
* Sound Mechanical Engineering skills / knowledge
* Familiarity with safety requirements of working on an industrial site
* Some supervisory experience
* High level of IT literacy particularly in CAD (AutoCAD) & MS Office / MS Project
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and the confidence and capability to represent the Company at customer site meetings
* Ability to analyse technical problems, learn and provide quick effective solutions.
* Self-starting decision maker with the ability to manage one's own work schedule.
* Full UK driving license is required