|Job Ref:||204551090||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Consett||Address:||Post Code:||DH8||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:29|
Six Sigma Black Belt COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) Process / Continuous Improvement Engineer required for UK based aerospace manufacturing company in Consett, County Durham.|
Aerospace manufacturer with 4 sites in the UK and 2 in Poland with a strong customer base and over 500 employees. The bulk of their work is CNC manufacturing of large components for commercial aircraft and fabricated parts for small and light aircraft and business jets. Their machining, fabrication and treatment capabilities provide a 'one stop shop' to make components from design through to end product - Quality is paramount throughout the whole process.
Being responsible for managing the reduction of the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt in a manufacturing / machining / aerospace environment working to tight deadlines you will be able to demonstrate a track record of delivering high quality project, work streams or assignment outputs with a focus on delivering measurable business improvements / efficiencies using lean / six sigma techniques.
KEY EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
Experience in the documentation, analysis and improvement of processes as part of a recognised improvement methodology such as Lean / Six Sigma. IT literate, expert user of MS Excel/Minitab. Fluent in MS Visio and MS Office.
Experience of analysing data, identifying trends, documenting and presenting recommendations.
Wider experience of manufacturing, quality management, project management, change management and stakeholder engagement with ability to influence on all levels.
Experience of delivering substantial financial benefits.
Experience of a process modelling tool and business process modelling standards would be an advantage.
Through passion for continuous culture change and innovative process improvements the key accountabilities include:
* Identification of projects that deliver the highest level of financial benefit.
* Reduction of scrap/rework cost.
* Clearly defining project scope to ensure clear commitment to tangible and real deliverables.
* Deploying effective project management techniques to: - Lead teams to execute projects using appropriate methodology - Tracking project status and results - Removing and escalating project barriers
* Responsibility for training, coaching in problem solving skills.
* Share best practice implementation across Sites.
* Capability to carry out end to end value stream mapping is a key skill.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
* In-depth experience as Black Belt within a large, fast paced organisation.
* Demonstrate substantial financial delivery from seeing BB projects through to completion.
* Previous experience of delivering Black Belt/Green Belt training courses and supporting trainees through to certification.
* Able to align and motivate all key stakeholders to support the projects, provide resource, time etc.
* Strong project management skills to co-ordinate implementation approach across all locations. Able to lead functional project teams.
* Ability to communicate with, and drive engagement on agenda with all stakeholders.
* Demonstrated track record of driving results across multiple areas and where resources are not directly owned by the individual.
* The ability to carry out technical / analytical assessments, and use the outcome to transform cost areas.
* The candidate for this position must be pro-active and process driven, with a strong focus on driving a standardised global process to achieve high standards at all locations.
* Must have a proven track record of developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives, with good knowledge of modern lean / CI tools and a hands on approach.
* Experience of driving continuous improvement activities within the manufacturing sector (medium or large company) is essential, with knowledge of complex processes preferred.
* Degree level education in a relevant engineering or scientific subject is required.
* Good knowledge of quality management including IS9001, AS9100 & TS16949 systems would be preferred.
* A formal Six Sigma / lean qualification, i.e. a Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt is essential.
* First-hand knowledge and experience of managing quality within a manufacturing organisation would be an advantage.
Applications are invited from candidates who must meet the above criteria in terms of qualifications and experience.
Excellent negotiable salary and benefits.
Note to Recruitment Agencies - this recruitment project is under a managed service agreement.
Direct approaches to the client will not be accepted