|Job Ref:||204558023||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:29|
Fläkt Woods is recruiting a highly motivated, results focussed Research and Development Director for an exciting new role to lead the R & D team in Colchester. The R & D Director will play a key role in defining business strategy, while also taking the business strategy to execution in order to achieve strategic business objectives of business growth and cost management. |
The successful candidate will:
• Lead, motivate and direct a team of engineers and technicians, including product design & development, sustaining engineering, and laboratory
• Lead & coordinate new product development activities and project management process
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to obtain necessary resources, resolve inter-department issues and contribute toward project and organization objectives
• Lead a team of 5 direct reports, with a full R & D / Engineering team structure
• Report to both the Vice President of Research and Development and VP Fan Business Unit, and be an important member of the Fan Business Unit leadership team
• Support other FW Group R&D teams as Centre of Excellence leader for fans
The role is based at our purpose-built Head Office and manufacturing facility in Colchester, UK, where 300 people are based. Functions on site include sales through design and product assembly. Colchester is the centre of excellence for Fan design and production and produces a broad product range of fans and accessories for Building Services, Industrial, Original Equipment, and Tunnel & Metro customers. The portfolio includes short-lead-time standard products through to technically complex design-to-order products. Manufacturing activities on site in Colchester include Assembly, Product Test, Stamping, Machining, Fabrication, and metal forming.
The R & D team at the Colchester Centre of Excellence is responsible for Axial and Fire Safety fans within the group. The CoE has responsibility for basic research through to product design and the applications of the products includes fans for buildings, industry, fire safety applications, car park ventilations systems, and Tunnel ventilation. The team utilise state of the art tools and competencies range from primary research in aerodynamics, electronics, and materials which are backed up with a world class laboratory with aerodynamic, acoustic, and thrust test capabilities.
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline,
• Further education including Masters in Engineering or Business would be advantageous, but not essential
• 5 years minimum experience in a role leading an R & D / Engineering organisation
• Demonstrated results of People management, staff development, and performance management
• Excellent leadership skills and a team builder
• Experience managing product development projects utilising formal project management techniques
• Experience in an international environment
• The ability to travel to other company locations and customers will be required.
• Fluency in English is a must, another language is a plus
• Success will be achieved by working effectively with customers and colleagues and will be supported by strong personal credibility and presence that inspires team members to achieve and exceed targets.
Flakt Woods offer a competitive salary, company pension and sickness scheme, 25 days holiday.
If you are interested in this vacancy a full job description can be provided. Please apply with CV and include salary expectations