|Job Ref:||204558218||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£52000/annum £5k car allowance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:29|
One of the UK's Europe's largest publicly listed real estate companies who, manage, develop a portfolio of high quality commercial, retail and residential properties are looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team, they provide the opportunity to develop skills, and make a real and positive difference to local communities, and for the people who work, visit or live around their buildings they create high-quality environments that enhance the area. Their properties are home to over 1,200 different organisations, ranging from international brands to local start-ups. 64,00 people work in their office properties and retail sites receive 330 million visits per year.|
Role Purpose: To set up, implement and maintain effective management systems and procedures in the delivery and continuity of service of the Mechanical, Electrical, Transport and Public Health Services to the Tenant, while protecting and enhancing landlord assets within the Building / Estate.
• Responsibility and ownership of complete engineering and electronic security service delivery
• Engineering Management
• Commercial awareness, business acumen
• Must have a customer focused attitude and a flexible working style.
• Budget Management
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong leadership and motivational skills
• 3rd Party/Contractor Management
• Health & Safety
• Project Management, including demised tenant fit-out experience
• Fabric Management
• Monitor, analyse and interpret the correct functioning of plant and systems via the Building Management System or other means.
• Carry out random checks of critical plant operation.
• Review Contractors reports and any proposals.
• Carry out regular audits and inspections of all plant, related areas and equipment. optimum level of
• Attend site during shutdowns and essential works as necessary.
• Attend site as necessary in the event of any emergency work or call out.
• Compliance with all current legislation and recommended standards.
• Verify Contractors Risk Assessments are up to date and appropriate to building and maintenance tasks.
• Ensure Pressure Vessel Written Scheme is up to date.
• Management of Water Treatment regime ensuring that Water Treatment Manuals are up to date.
• Manage status of Lift L.G. Inspections and report via Lift minutes. Ensure that all statutory inspections are carried out by the due date and manage/monitor progress of actions via external reports spreadsheet attached to appropriate minutes.
• Provide day-to-day technical and operational support to Building Managers and Tenants. Support to Building Management with Permit to Work System and check method statements where appropriate. Liaise with Building Management and tenants regarding operational and technical matters such as plant shutdowns and work impacting on tenants operation.
• Review Tenant License Applications. Review and comment on drawings, specification and reports submitted by the Tenants and advise the Landlord accordingly of any impact on base build operations or any technical or lease concerns. Liaise with tenant consultants on any technical or operational revisions. Monitor tenant fit-out work and liaise as necessary to ensure that work complies with the approved License for Alteration. Carry out random inspection of fit-out works and report, liaise on findings as necessary.
• Preparation and Management of engineering service charge budgets, to include procurement as per Company policies. Budget control, preparation of relevant specification, raising orders/instructions/ contracts and verifying (processing) invoices. To develop, implement and manage
• Environmental and Energy Conservation Programmes, (working with others where necessary) ensuring optimum usage of energy. To advise on potential problems, improvements and possible savings.
• Implementation, management and development of the Concept planned maintenance system, ensuring information, plant history, drawings and technical information is accurate and up to date.
• Ensure drawing and O & M's are updated to reflect any changes carried out to the installed systems.
• Develop, implement and maintain site-specific plant replacement Programme. In conjunction with budgetary control.
• To ensure that the Property's Electronic Security Systems are fully operational and maintained as per the Manufacturer's guidance and current best practice.
• Liaise with the Systems Department as required, regarding contract specifications, maintenance regimes, auditing, equipment upgrades, documenting changes etc.
• Ensure maintenance contracts are in place