|Job Ref:||204556155||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cannock||Address:||Post Code:||WS11||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:29|
Lead NPI Tooling Engineer - Days|
* 25 days holiday
* Contributory pension scheme
* Early Friday finish
* Structured training
* Free parking
I think this is an excellent role for an experienced Tooling Engineer to Support the development, procurement and introduction of new tooling into this 1st Tier Automotive manufacturer, also supporting Customer Engineering Change Requests, SMED Activity Improvements, cost down improvements & existing Tooling issues as required.
Having recruited for this business for the last two years I have regularly seen:
* Engineers working with new cutting edge equipment and processes.
* Employees carving a solid career path within the company.
* Increased customer orders ensuring stability and job security.
The Hiring manager at our client said
"Our organisation is a great place to work because, we afford people the opportunity to grow and develop. Helping people to realise their potential and grow through their career"
Day to day responsibilities
* Lead New Tooling procurement
* Review and complete component feasibility with regards to tooling processes
* Tooling design reviews
* Lead tool design approval
* Tooling supplier monitoring and liaison
* Reporting tooling & project status
* Conduct tooling buy offs
* Support introduction of new tooling into Plant/Production
* Identify and schedule improvement opportunities
* Lead or support Engineering Changes to Die Tooling
Required skills and experience
* Have an HNC / Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
* Be an apprentice trained toolmaker or Mechanical Engineer
* Have a Minimum 4 years experience within a similar role within a fast paced manufacturing environment
* Have a general knowledge of AutoCAD, Catia and other tooling development software
* Have an excellent Health and Safety record.
* Must hold a valid UK driving license.
* Some overseas travel will be required.
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply with an updated copy of your CV