|Job Ref:||204556202||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Post Code:||BA1||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:29|
Position: Principal Software Engineer|
A global engineering service provider is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to have the ability to manage Safety Critical Projects.
Due to growth and project wins, Altran UK is currently organically growing their software engineering team by a significant amount. The organisation is recruiting for a Principal Software Engineer who will be provided with management opportunities as well as a platform to develop your own personal career.
The purpose of the principal software engineering position is to manage the delivery of safety critical project solutions to customers, covering all aspects of the software life-cycle as well as supporting the development of the Software Engineering team. This will involve any or all of the following;
* Taking the technical lead on projects
* Managing Software Engineering projects
* Managing the growth of the software engineering team
* Providing your hands on skills to projects.
* Developing test environments
* Developing and performing test specifications
* Mentoring Software Engineers
* Supporting research projects and bids
This opportunity will expose you to a variety of software languages and working techniques covering project work across different industries. You will also be exposed to other engineering disciplines as you will be part of a large engineering team consisting of 150 engineers. You will be part of an organically built experienced software engineering team and you will have exposure to different career paths that will be explained over the phone. The software engineering team on site consists of highly experienced engineers that have industry fame for the work that they have conducted which will provide you with a fantastic environment to learn of your peers.
To be successful in the role of a Principal Software Engineer, you'll have the following skills and experience:
* You'll have working knowledge of software engineering ideally from an engineering or consulting environment. You'll be degree qualified in a technical or scientific discipline (or equivalent work experience) and must be willing to work within a safety critical environment that requires attention to detail.
* You must have an appetite to learn new skills and working techniques as you will be exposed to different projects & languages on site.
* You will have over 10 years' worth of Software Engineering experience preferably working in a Safety Critical environment.
* Due to the nature of this organisation, you should be eligible for SC clearance.
£50,000 - £60,000
25 Days Holiday
Private Health Insurance
Industry leading pension scheme
To apply for the role or to register your interest for our upcoming recruitment day on 15th September, please submit an up to date copy of your CV to Ferris Aitchison via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position