|Job Ref:||204556225||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Post Code:||BS26||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:40|
A tier one principal contractor requires a Site engineer on a permanent basis to join their team. The client have been engaged to deliver clearance for the installation of 25kv Overhead Line Electrification (OLE) equipment on the Great Western Mainline, the works are in excess of £25m.|
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Civils Engineer, the Site Engineer will be accountable for planning, managing, monitoring and reporting on the works.
Key responsibilities include
* Set a personal example by complying with the Policy and Procedures for Health and Safety
* Liaise with the rest of the project team, clients, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and other key stakeholders to ensure safe, timely delivery of a quality product (weekly section meetings, subcontract meetings etc.)
* Plan, manage and monitor the construction of the gauge clearance works to an acceptable level of quality
* Under direction, prepare and implement Inspection and Test Plans
* Liaise with others to ensure safe systems of work are prepared in a timely manner and followed, including the work of other contractors or sub-contractors
* Ensure appropriate training and professional development for yourself, as well as any employees and subcontractors under your control.
* Educated to HNC/HND or Civils related Degree level with 1-3 years Civil Engineering experience
* Experience in rail projects is desirable
* Knowledge of Project Controls including quality inspection, test plans and check sheets
The successful candidate will not only benefit from working with a main contractor on a major civil engineering scheme, but they will also benefit from working with a firm who prides on looking after their candidates. The client offers a competitive salary, great package and a competitive referral scheme.
If you are seeking a fresh challenge with a progressive company, apply now using the button below
CarmichaelUK is an equal opportunities employer