|Job Ref:||204542745||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:40|
A leading, high end developer are looking to procure an Estimator to join their team in Exeter to support the Commercial Manager. Renowned for their reputation within the industry, my client are growing from strength to strength, with a highly achievable growth plan for the next five years. |
You will be joining a well established commercial team, consisting of multiple surveyors with varying levels of experience and a Commercial Manager. The Exeter office covers Cornwall, Devon and Somerset, boasting stunning traditionally built houses, consisting of sites from 70 units up to 300 units, with a value of £8m up to £40m.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
* Prepares construction budget by updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
* Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
* Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
* Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
* Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
* Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The successful applicant will be the sole Estimator within the team and therefore ideally needs to possess 4 years minimum experience as an estimator within construction. You will have a firm understanding of the role and know how to work within a team. Salary can vary from £40k-£50k (experience depending) plus company car/car allowance, BUPA, pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, bonus scheme and company benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please contact , (Apply online only) or click "Apply Now".
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy