|Job Ref:||204542855||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£0 - £70000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:40|
Managing Quantity Surveyor - Manchester|
My client is a privately owned main contractor who currently enjoy a turnover of £100 million. They specialise within the Refurbishment and Fit-Out arena and predominantly work within the following business sectors: Retail, Commercial, Health & Industrial.
With growth intentions, my client is now actively tendering and securing larger value new build projects and subsequently have set up a New Build division (Projects up to £8-£10 million). With this in mind, this division is now looking to set up a Senior Management Team and therefore have a requirement for the divisions Commercial lead.
They have a Smallworks Division that manage schemes ranging in value up to £1 million and a Traditional Main Contracting Team who execute larger value projects up to the value of £10 million, as aforementioned.
Currently the business operates within the North West and South East, however their intentions are to become more regionalised executing schemes solely in the North West of the country.
You will be reporting to the Managing Director and will be responsible for all site based Commercial staff. You will float over a number of schemes at any one time and will be the main commercial client contact. You will work closely with the Operation Director and occasionally the pre-construction team.
The ideal candidate will have worked for a Main Contractor in the North West or North East and will have exposure to the Refurbishment and Fit out market alongside New Build.
* Manage and develop the commercial team, ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed
* Ensure that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised
* Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
* Produce/ compile accurate forecasts/ budget information and produce accurate reports to client, maintaining and improving client relations as well as ensuring full entitlement under the contract is achieved
* Ensure contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
* Responsible for ensuring works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact -Hardev Singh - at Edge Careers