|Job Ref:||204541862||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum £45-60K plus car, pension, health||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:41|
An interesting and challenging opportunity to work for this global leader in the design, engineering and construction of high tech facilities and major complex projects. Offering in-house technical resources combining process, mechanical and electrical engineering, technology integration, lean construction and commissioning expertise.
To lead the construction division of a multi-disciplinary project team engaged in high-tech facilities to strict safety, time, quality and security requirements. The plant has a significant amount of mechanical process equipment within it as such a candidates must have been a proven track record for the construction of industrial plants.
• Ensure that all project safety requirements are met and adhered to
• To be the point of contact for subcontractor site management and be involved with the subcontractor selection and procurement process
• Set standards of behaviour and responsibility for project team
• To be involved with the project decision making process
• To help and support team members
• To keep accurate records and ensure the team also provide detailed accounts of their activities
• Work closely with the design team and offer advice on buildability and suitability of design solutions
• Ensure that on site instructions from Client's authorised personnel are being recorded and managed
• To be able to conclude a project to the Client's satisfaction including snagging, commissioning, validation and room readiness
• Fulfil all the requirements of the Company procedures
• Ensure that all less experienced staff are being given the opportunity to improve their knowledge and experience
• Set up the site cabins, ensure services are connected and the site area is kept clean and tidy
• General working knowledge of the Form of Contract being operated for the project
• Create a good working relationship with Client's representatives
• Building degree or HND/HNC qualification
• Generalist construction experience, including having worked through a graduate programme and/or sub/site manager improvement route
• Use all recording tools and data to keep an accurate position of the project programme.
• All information required for Client and other meetings to be available 48hrs before the meeting.
• Remain up to date with current Health & Safety legislation