|Job Ref:||204541974||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum £45-60K plus car, pension, health||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:41|
An interesting and challenging opportunity to work for this global leader in the design, engineering and construction of high tech facilities and major complex projects. Offering in-house technical resources combining process, mechanical and electrical engineering, technology integration, lean construction and commissioning expertise.
To successfully co-ordinate the mechanical, electrical, civil and process engineering activities of company resources, vendors and sub-contractors in the execution of projects to ensure that contractual obligations are satisfied efficiently and effectively. To ensure that the design, specifications and requisitions are in accordance with Industry, Company and Client Standards for all equipment incorporated in projects in which the company participates.
• To review the Client and Company Tender Specifications and Handover Documentation, including the Tender Programme, and to fully define the Project and its scope of works.
• The day-to-day supervision and co-ordination of staff allocated to the Project.
• To co-ordinate all design and manage the progress of its development in accordance with the specification and the detailed Project Programme.
• To prepare requisitions for equipment, materials and services for submission to Purchasing, to assess the technical content of returned quotations, to check orders prepared by Purchasing for technical correctness, to respond to technical queries raised by vendors and, if required, carry out inspections and tests during and on completion of manufacture.
• To manage agreed own and allocated manpower resources such that effort is efficiently spent in the design and procurement of the scope of works, all within budget and to programme.
• Liaison with the Site Manager on the status of Material Requisitions and the remaining design activities affecting construction/commissioning.
• To assist in site testing and site commissioning work where asked to by the Project Manager.
• To ensure that all deviations from and variations to the contract are identified, properly documented and submitted to the Project Manager for approval.
• To assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the Monthly Finance and Progress Report to Senior Management.
• To act for the Project Manager during his absence or when delegated to do so by the Project Manager.
• Under direction from the Project Manager, produce the Project Plan for allocated projects, identifying all environmental aspects and impacts and mitigation methods and all Health and Safety risks and hazards together with mitigation, with advice as necessary from the SHEQ department, and to provide assistance to the Site Manager in maintaining the Plan.
• To ensure that the design, specifications and requisitions are in accordance with Industry, Company and Client Standards for all equipment incorporated in projects in which the company participates.
• Degree Qualified (Mechanical, Electrical or Process preferred)
• Project Management - understanding all elements of the design through to construction and commissioning process
• Experience of Project managing design, construction and commissioning elements of Industrial process Plants (Energy from Waste Experience not essential)
• Project management qualified (APM, PRINCE2 etc... or ability to demonstrable project management experience) and member of a relevant institute