|Job Ref:||204544228||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tottenham||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:42|
Health and Safety Manager - GradIOSH (Constructions, H&S, NEBOSH, IOSH, OHSAS 18001 Auditor, NRSWA, CMIOSH, CDM, Construction Design Management, Health & Safety, HSE) is urgently required by our Services Company within a construction environment for an initial 6 month contract within a one year work stream, to be based in North London, Tottenham.|
* To assist with the compliance with all our services client's H&S processes and procedures in line with National legislation, OHSAS 18001 accreditations and corporate system requirements.
* Ensure a good knowledge of all current, relevant HSE legislation and codes of practice, whilst keeping up to date with new legislation and any developments
* Must have worked on large scale construction programmes for Tier 1 construction companies.
* Ensure suitable and sufficient support and guidance on all H&S topics is maintained e.g. risk assessments and method statements,
* Ensure safe operational procedures have been identified and take account of all relevant hazards;
* To ensure risk assessments are in up to date and reviewed.
* Performance reporting and escalation.
* Oversee the creation of Construction phase plans, Site Specific method statements and risk assessments to maintain compliance;
* Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, for the continuing promotion of health and safety in all working practices;
* Identifying and suggesting changes to working practices to improve safety and legislative compliance;
* Ensure that internal audits are completed in line with OHSAS 18001 and process requirements and suitable audits are undertaken.
* Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and where appropriate escalated
* Ensure inspections findings are monitored and improvement actions are being implemented.
* Oversee investigations following any significant HSE incident or near miss, including root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action handling production of statistics for managers is maintained;
* Formulate H&S engagement process including attendance of leadership team reviews or safety meetings;
* Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
* Supporting health and safety training effectively identified and implemented
* Have a thorough understanding of CDM2015 rules and regulations.
* Work closely with out subcontractor partners and the Clients Tier 1 construction partners to ensure coordinated H&S plans.
* To assist the N&T program team with delivery of an extensive Infrastructure Project.
* Must have NEBOSH National General Certificate or Construction Certificate or equivalent.
* Holds or is working towards H&S Diploma or equivalent
* Must have IOSH membership - GradIOSH, holds or working towards CMIOSH Membership or equivalent professional body
* Must have detailed knowledge of Construction Design Management (CDM) and principle contractor arrangements
* Construction Skills Council Scheme Accreditation
* OHSAS 18001 Auditor
* First Aid Certificate & ideally Fire Assessment Certification
* Experience of carrying out compliance auditing at all levels
* Knowledge of NRSWA, possibly qualified to Supervisor level
* Operational experience in a related field
* Experience in management of Health, Safety and Environmental issues
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Good IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email etc.)
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy