|Job Ref:||204544657||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:16|
Sweett Group is currently recruiting an Estimator to be based in York. This is a key role working on Infrastructure Rail projects in York, providing skilled estimating input to a team developing cost estimates and analysis for various Rail projects in the Yorkshire region.|
We are a global construction and property consultancy, specialising in QS and PM services.
Working in this role will involve preparing deliverables for and participating in cost reviews of estimates. Developing cost estimates using a range of data including an awareness of BIM and the Rail Method of Measurement, and being aware of the roles played by other disciplines on projects and proposals. You must have knowledge and awareness of the concept of risk and uncertainty and how these affect the probability of achieving a sound cost estimate.
* Proficient at undertaking work measurement using quantity surveying skills or similar techniques and be capable of undertaking a first principles estimate
* Capable of preparing resource estimates and plans. Able to generate and use statistical data from differing cost sources
* Knowledge of commercial contracts and how supply chains work in the delivery of projects
* Capable of accessing and interpreting economic information and cost indexes, using basic inflationary techniques
* Confidently communicate the results of their work in both written and oral forms
* Ability to challenge colleagues in a constructive manner in order to achieve positive outcomes
* Establishes plans and milestones to ensure that the right things get done
* Presents information and ideas in language that is easy to understand
* Communicates in a clear, complete and articulate manner
The successful candidate will hold a Degree or equivalent experience or achieved NVQ Level 4 in project management. You will have experience in high value, complex type estimating such as civils, engineering construction, railways or mechanical/electrical and be chartered or working towards Corporate membership of the RICS, ACostE, ICES or similar relevant professional association
The successful applicant will receive a great package including a generous car allowance, private medical care, 26 days annual leave (and the chance to buy more!), and two pension options.
Sweett Group is an equal opportunities employer