|Job Ref:||204545278||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chichester||Address:||Post Code:||PO19||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:30|
One of the major UK construction and infrastructure companies is looking to appoint a Project Planner to join their team in Chichester. This is a temp to perm role, initially contract will be for 3 months with a possibility to become permanent.|
Working in the Planned Works Team with responsibility for planning and programming the delivery of multiple schemes through an integrated works programme to meet the requirements of the Annual Plan and objectives of the contract. Key responsibility for processing and monitoring of all Street Work Permits required for all routine, reactive and planned works. Development and on-going monitoring of associated programme to include scope, logic, cost, resourcing and duration for each scheme/activity. This involves developing project programmes using Microsoft project, Excel and the Confirm system, through liaison with Works control manager, project managers, design engineers, contractors and QSs.
Main duties / responsibilities:
* Ensure all Permits are submitted/ processed within the correct timescales and works carried out in accordance with NRSWA (New Roads and Streetworks Act) and TMA (Traffic Management Act).
* Produce and maintain accurate programmes through regular meetings and consultation with Works Control Manager, project managers, design engineers, contractors, QS and internal departments.
* Assist on planning activity to produce programmes of schemes/activities to meet service, cost and time objectives, monitoring and managing forward resource requirements.
* Monitoring of programmes ensuring all requirements to undertake activities are in place e.g. fleet, plant, people, material, NRSWA noticing permitting, letter drops etc.
* Ensuring systems and actions are implemented for the achievement of business and contract KPIs with on-going monitoring of project performance against programme deliverables/KPI's
* Production of management reports tailored to individual requirements as required
* Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
* Interface with third parties to identify and resolve issues
The ideal candidate will have following skills and experience:
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Good communication skills both verbal and written.
* Desire to develop and is motivated to achieving targets.
* Prioritise work and remain flexible in accordance with business needs.
* Team player and form good working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
* Approach tasks in a logical and methodical way
* Good Knowledge of NRSWA and TMA
* Experienced in the use of Streetworks Permitting / Noticing systems
* Development of Programme management skills
* Demonstrate ability to manage and analyse data and confidence in IT systems (Data led)
* Experience and understanding of working on the public realm/highway and white collar support functions to Local Councils.
* PC Literate and knowledge of MS suite i.e. Word, Excel etc.
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria - Unfortunately due to high volume we will only contact shortlisted candidates
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work