|Job Ref:||204546130||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||West Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Salary:||£24000 - £25000/annum Full Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:42|
Orchard are working on behalf of a Main Contractor to recruit a Permanent Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Leeds. The role is paying in the region of £25,000pa + Package. |
* Pre-contract project development stage of construction builds, including; costing, subcontract enquiries, take offs and builders quantities, measuring cost risks and supporting the design and develop process
* Monitoring process of overall contract performance, including; reviewing budgets and cost models, reviewing and preparing subcontract enquiries, subcontract and supply orders, and subcontractor performance measurement and aiding the preparation of monthly cost reports.
* Development and implementation of the business infrastructure and systems, including; utilising and monitoring systems and procedures, effective communications, maximising the efficiency of cost reporting and supporting the wider commercial team to develop and improve financial controls.
* Relationship development, including; offering support and advice to the wider commercial and construction teams, recognising outstanding performance, promoting the organisations behaviours and effective team work, and developing client and supply chain relationships, monitoring performance and meeting customer needs whilst doing the right thing for the business and project.
Skills & Attributes:
As well as exhibiting the company's behaviours of being a positive, professional and customer focused team player that does the right thing; the suitable person will have the following:
* Previous experience within a competitive and successful department/team (commercial or construction preferred)
* Valid UK Driving licence and own transport
* Excellent levels of computer literacy and be fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
* Strong commercial and negotiation skills
* A customer & solutions focused mind set
* A positive and professional attitude
* Excellent organisational and communication skills
* The ability to work as a team member in a busy working environment and under own direction
* A flexible working attitude and a positive approach to learning and development
* Willingness to support other areas of the business including bid, project management and administration during peak periods
If you have interest in the above position please get in touch with your most recent Cv and we will arrange a time to call you