|Job Ref:||204546681||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South East London||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:42|
£40 - 60k
I have been approached by a well-established construction consultancy who are due to expansion of the business are looking for an individual to manage and lead their BIM services. This will be across various disciplines, including architecture, structural engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering and information management / client representative.
This is a new role in a developing arena, and the successful post holder will help develop and shape the position, however, anticipated day to day duties are set out below:
* Gain an understanding of the software used across the company disciplines as related to BIM functions, maintain records of software and user skill base. Identify gaps and take responsibility for addressing these.
* Act as liaison between the IT support team and the design teams; assist IT in evaluation of software.
* Stay informed on best practice and software developments relating to BIM.
* Assist in the testing, selection, development and running of a company externally accessible Common Data Environment
* Be responsible for managing and guiding the development of the existing company BIM standards, protocols, documentation, families, templates etc.
* Develop and manage quality control and auditing for company processes, and project processes. Provide or arrange training to the design teams, including making business case for external training required, and obtaining management approval to required expenditure.
* Assist in interviewing and testing of new starters.
* Manage and provide training to new starters.
* Provide internal presentations and CPD training.
* Assist internal project teams in BIM project set up.
* Establish model EIRs and BEPs etc. and assist clients and project teams in agreeing project specific EIRs, BEPs, protocols and workflows.
* Assist and guide project teams in setting up project management and functions including documentation, responsibility matrices.
* Assist in producing tender documentation and reviewing schedules of services.
* Assist in setting up CDEs if required.
* Market the company BIM services, including writing for company website and communication channels internally and externally, attending conferences, meeting and presenting to clients, and developing client contacts.
* Assist client in developing Asset Information Requirements and Employers information requirements.
In-depth working knowledge of BIM delivery requirements based on experience of leading and delivering projects at level 2 or above.
Thorough knowledge of design software
Specific software experience in:
* Content Studio
* Understanding of Tekla (structures) IES and Hevacomp (MEP)
* Cobie compliant data collation
* Experience of Common Data Environment Systems such as Aconex, 4projects or similar
* Proven ability to lead and develop a project team across disciplines