|Job Ref:||204549457||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£22000 - £28000/annum pension, healthcare, flexible benefi||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:30|
Structural Technician - Bridges and Civil Structures - Birmingham|
A high calibre and enthusiastic technician is required to work as part of our Midlands Campus based Bridges & Civil Structures CAD team.
This internationally recognised engineering consultancy offers a complete service for all aspects of bridge design and construction. They create iconic and elegantly functional bridges that shape the communities they connect, whether to span nations, make a visual statement, or to improve everyday links. They work with clients to deliver innovative solutions to infrastructure design projects, large and small, both in the UK and around the globe.
Attracting a diverse mix of independently-minded people. The bridges team comprises over 60 engineers and technicians based in the Midlands Campus, which has nearly 400 staff in total. They have a strong forward workload profile and can offer significant opportunities to work on interesting and exciting bridge and civil engineering projects. The priority is to attract quality people to work in a friendly, challenging environment.
- Develop and maintain specific project models & drawings;
- Develop schematic and detailed construction models, including modelling Structure elements and details (as applicable);
- Identify conflicts, incomplete or ambiguous design information;
- Co-ordinate with Engineers, Clients, BIM Consultants & Sub-Contractors;
- Create & maintain library components;
- Contribute to Project Team reviews;
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload;
- Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit, including assisting others to meet deadlines;
- Positive attitude towards work and a desire to produce quality work which reflects well on both the individual and the organization;
- A desire to learn new technologies and gain experience in various aspects of Engineering
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in Bridge design & Civil Structures, Highways, Rail and Site Development would be advantageous;
- Knowledge of and direct experience in CAD/BIM software;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - fluent in the English language;
- Demonstrative problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective customer and client relationships;
- Foster positive team working and interpersonal effectiveness