|Job Ref:||204549865||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Banbury||Address:||Post Code:||OX16||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Bonus + Pension + Car Allowance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:30|
Senior Planner - North Oxfordshire - Renowned Planning Consultancy|
£30,000-£40,000 + Full benefits package including car allowance, bonus scheme and contributory pension
Penguin Recruitment are delighted to announce an exciting opening for a Senior Planner to join one of Oxfordshire's most respected planning consultancies.
Our client works across a wide range of planning applications, predominantly from the Residential, Housing, Commercial and Retail sectors. They provide planning consultancy to multi-national corporations, volume house builders, major landowners, local authorities, government bodies and individual clients. After a number of years growth, they have taken on two Graduate planners in 2016 and are looking for a Senior Planner to now join the firm in line with their long-term growth plan.
The Senior Planner will be fully MRTPI qualified with a minimum of 3 years planning experience - ideally including exposure to private consultancy work. You will have a track record of handling and processing both minor and major applications/appeals. The Senior Planner will be managing their own work load, as well as supporting Associates and Planning Directors across all sectors
* Preparing and submitting planning applications and supporting documents (writing of Planning Statements, Design & Access Statements)
* Preparing of Policy representations
* Preparing Appeal submissions.
* Giving oral evidence at Appeals and Examinations
* Holding a thorough understanding of planning law, relevant court judgements and national planning policy
* Attendance at committee meetings to include speaking
* Developing client relationships both new and existing
* Managing and co-ordinating project teams
* Mentoring junior members of staff to ensure all reports are correct prior to their submission
* Preparation and Attendance at Public Exhibitions
* Statements of Community Involvement Documents post Exhibition
In return, the successful Senior Planner will receive an excellent base salary and benefits package including a generous holiday allowance. The company offers ample opportunity to progress with a number of the Associates and Directors progressing through the ranks, demonstrating long term career prospects.
To apply for this role, please send your updated CV and covering letter to Jon Taylor at alternatively, please feel free to give Jon a call on (Apply online only) for an informal and confidential conversation about all our current positions