|Job Ref:||204546791||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Woking||Address:||Post Code:||GU22||Salary:||£70000 - £90000/annum + Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:44|
- Commercial Activity within Projects & Services
- As a member of the area management team, provide strategic input and commercial expertise in a business unit of circa. £60 million that:
- Effectively develops and delivers the annual business plan, including agreeing strategies with the Regional team. Input to planning activities with typical horizons of 1-2 years.
- Achieves stated profit, cash and productivity targets safely to achieve the current year`s performance and align plans and resources to strategic goals.
- Identifies and manages potential and actual disputes (avoiding contractual disputes where possible) to protect position and entitlements.
- Implements business unit decisions and sets local priorities.
- Address Commercial Issues
- Including securing consistent commercial processes and philosophies following a framework of practice and process consistent with standards, the BMS and corporate governance.
- Ensure the commercial function delivers effective contractual solutions and strategies that balance risks and opportunity in bids and tenders.
- Support and, where necessary, lead ley negotiations with prospective customers, partners, contractors and subcontractors.
- Maintain a commercial focus in established and / or developing markets.
- Risk & Performance Management
- Maintain an overview of risk management processes and procedures, including acting as liaison for internal audit activities.
- Deliver effective commercial activity management information for the region including analysis of trends and challenges. View performance monthly (financial and progress) per project and on a portfolio basis.
- Effective performance management and development of direct reports, and the effective organisation of those within the regions commercial activity