|Job Ref:||204546932||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:43|
Position: Senior Commercial Manager|
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: neg, DOE
The Senior Commercial Manager is responsible for all Commercial matters from tender stage through to contract completion. Primary duties include leadership of a commercial team, oversee several projects with various forms of contract. Optimisation of margin on projects and protecting/mitigation of commercial risk, appointment and management of sub-contractors, client negotiation and management.
• Responsible for establishment & implementation of commercial governance within the project team.
• Responsible for project margin returns in line with business expectations.
• Ensure development and delivery of project, in conjunction with the construction team, a robust programme & budget.
• Responsible for maximisation of cashflow and creation of accurate applications for payment within rigid timescales.
• Provide expertise, during tendering and procurement, regarding the drafting and negotiation of contract types and mechanisms.
• Expert in administration of the contract, especially target cost forms, to ensure either mitigation or swift and effective resolution of disputes.
• Lead in the tender vetting process to ensure all developing business opportunities and bids meet agreed commercial criteria, including profitability and risk minimisation.
• Provide support to the negotiation and agreement of sub-contract arrangements to minimise risk and maximise the advantage to the business.
• Measure, Package, Procure and Manage Sub-contractors accounts, to ensure competitive rates and prices.
• Ensure prompt invoice and payments.
• Responsible for ensuring that all commercial and periodic reporting internally and externally is completed on time and is accurate and consistent.
• Presentation of CVR reports at the periodic meeting.
• Responsible for monitoring and managing all project reporting including identification of variances, forecasting, AFC's, budget and authority in accordance with company reporting systems.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying, MRICS, MCIOB or equivalent.
• Experience: 8 years
• Various working knowledge of Rail target and lump sum contracts.
• Must have leadership experience, and management of a team.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently and decision maker
• Excellent attention to detail