|Job Ref:||204546975||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £100000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:43|
Position: Senior Planner|
Coverage Area: mainly Southern, Western and Anglia
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: neg, DOE
Manage producing and reporting cost loaded work programmes/schedules in Primavera P6 format, for the purpose of co-ordinating works with Sub-contractors and other third parties working on the Railway network.
The Senior Planner is responsible for creating both tender and project programmes to support the company in securing future revenue, and leading project teams to ensure projects are completed safely, on time and within budget.
• Produce and manage tender programme in Primavera P6 according to the scope of works, client expectation, project objectives and deliverables.
• Hands-on planning preparation, in conjunction with Project Team, optimise working programme to meet project objectives covering design, procurement, enabling, construction, commissioning, handover, and client key dates as appropriate.
• Validate construction methodologies, resource and cost loading, activity durations, schedule logic, float allocation and critical path identification, including those within supplier submissions.
• Capture and analyse project information including programme updates
• Work with Project Team to resolve logic errors, help explain changes due to updates, and update programme according to actions taken by the project team to resolve issues/delays.
• Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organise programme development.
• Liaise with Project Managers and Engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise.
• Represent the project/business with all stakeholders at meetings.
• Control and capture any variations or changes to the programme or scope of the project.
• Provide advice on the schedule impact of proposed changes and integrate approved changes into programme updates.
• Ensure that all project reports, internally and externally are completed on time and that the reports are accurate and consistent.
• Provide accurate cost forecasts from cost loaded schedules periodically.
• Assess the delays of client changes to the baseline programme and advice the Project and Commercial Manager if any Change Requests/Early Warnings are to be raised for the claims and extension of time (EoT) on the project.
• Ensure all programmes are numbered, recorded, issued and managed under IMS.
• Degree in Science, Construction or Civil Engineering.
• A minimum of HNC/HND in Engineering, Project or Construction Management
• Minimum of 2 year's experience in project/programme planning
• Experience from working on large-scale infrastructure projects (£500k+)
• Site engineering and construction management experience.
• Experience of supporting in the making of day-to-day decisions for programme development issues.
• Railway environment experience.
• Knowledge of the Prince 2 (or similar) methodology.
• Demonstrate knowledge of GRIP Process
• Awareness of safety issues in an operating railway environment.
• Competent user of Primavera P6, as well as good IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office and Project
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong Stakeholder management skill.
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
• Great attention to detail.
• Work as part of a team and independently without supervision
• Driven to succeed and self-motivated with pro-active approach