|Job Ref:||204547258||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£350 - £400/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:16|
One of our most established Clients has been awarded the framework for HS2 and we are assisting them in identifying a suitable Commercial Manager to work on the enabling work due to commence in September|
As the first stage of the project is between London and the West Midlands we are initially looking for someone to be based in Birmingham
The £900m enabling works contracts cover a range of activities including utility diversions, ecology surveys, archaeology, establishing site compounds, site clearance, demolition, ground remediation, watercourse activities, highways realignments, monitoring and instrumentation, structural reinforcements and drainage.
The main aspects of the role will be to support Project Managers and the engineering team to optimise margin whilst protecting from commercial risk.
Your duties will include:
* To be responsible for all verifications of outputs and activities within the Commercial Management Team.
* Eliminate errors that will cost the consultancy and work with the Clients in a planned and structured way to increase productivity and reduce cost.
* Continuously check that contractors and subcontractors are working in good industry standards.
* Be a good communicator to internal and external clients.
* Negotiating Prices and Variations.
* Using NEC3 and ICC (former ICE) forms of contract to work on project.
* Implement and update rigorous control processes.
In order to qualify for the role you must have:
* Degree in QS or any relevant equivalent commercial qualification
* Ideally a member of a relevant QS Profession QS institution
* Experience working on major Rail / Civils projects
* Experience working with main contractors
* NEC / ICE forms of contracts
* Strong customer liaison focus.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Able to communicate clearly with all levels.
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Strong organisation and planning skills
Rates are dependent on level of experience
For further information, or to make an application please don't hesitate to get in touch