|Job Ref:||204547323||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£250 - £350/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:16|
One of our most established Clients has been awarded on the framework for HS2 and we are assisting them in identifying suitable Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors to work on the enabling work due to commence in September|
As the first stage of the project is between London and the West Midlands we are initially looking for people to be based in Birmingham to work on a contract basis
The £900m enabling works contracts cover a range of activities including utility diversions, ecology surveys, archaeology, establishing site compounds, site clearance, demolition, ground remediation, watercourse activities, highways realignments, monitoring and instrumentation, structural reinforcements and drainage.
The main aspects of the role will be to support commercial management to optimise margin on a project whilst protecting from commercial risk either acting as project commercial lead or in support of the Commercial Manager.
Your duties will include:
* To be responsible for all verifications of outputs and activities within the Quantity Surveying Team.
* Eliminate errors that will cost the consultancy and work with the Clients in a planned and structured way to increase productivity and reduce cost.
* Continuously check that contractors and subcontractors are working in good industry standards.
* Be a good communicator to internal and external clients.
* Negotiating Prices and Variations.
* Using NEC3 and ICC (former ICE) forms of contract to work on project.
* Implement and update rigorous control processes.
In order to qualify for the role you must have:
* Degree in QS or any relevant equivalent commercial qualification
* Ideally a member of a relevant QS Profession QS institution or working towards one
* Experience working on major Rail / Civils projects
* Experience working with main contractors
* NEC / ICE forms of contracts
* Strong customer liaison focus.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Able to communicate clearly with all levels.
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Strong organisation and planning skills
Rates are dependent on level of experience
For further information, or to make an application please don't hesitate to get in touch