|Job Ref:||204547668||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£300 - £450/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:32|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Specialist Sub-Contractor|
My client is a long established specialist Piling and Ground Engineering contractor based in the City of London. They have a close knight team based in their HQ office building, have a low staff turnover and a solid reputation in the Ground Engineering market.
Their projects include commercial, leisure, and high end residential schemes and various civil engineering projects and range for £1m to £20m in value.
They are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor with good commercial management ability. They will consider applications from experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyors right through to Intermediate Quantity Surveyors.
The position will reporting into the commercial Director.
This is a great opportunity to join a very stable specialist contractor, with an enviable client list and secure pipeline of work.
*Previous experience in a similar role
*Ideally Structured training
*Qualification to degree/chartered level
*Team work ethic
*Piling, Groundworks and Structures experience
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the project.
* Preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the business and any other reports which may be required by the Commercial Manager.
* Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
* Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
* Preparation of Cost Value reconciliations and where appropriate earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis.
* Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of requisitions, monitoring of subcontracts and payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Production and rigorous management of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
* Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims, etc.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other roles within the Civils Engineering and Rail sector, please contact Anna on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)