|Job Ref:||204548360||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£26000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:58|
Mobile fabric technician required for a growing company with specialisations within facilities and the fire and security sector with a number of prestigious contracts across the UK. |
The role in questions will be ideally suited for an experienced Fabric Technician Engineering with experience predominantly within social sector or local authority sites through out London.
You will be responsible for the quality delivery of day-to-day engineering activities in the field including attendance at allocated reactive service calls, planned and preventative maintenance (PPM) works, repairing or reporting faults and effective verbal communications between customers and the Head Office Administration team.
Your core duties will include:
• Ability to hang, trim doors
• Fit new hinges; piano and normal type
• Fit floor and overhead closers
• Work on automatic closers
• Work on both wood and metal doorsgates
• Welding, plaining, grinding, tapping etc.
• Fitting cylinders, lock cases, fire switches
• Basic knowledge on door entry and access control systems / push to exit buttons, fire switches, lock release and mag locks
• Be able to fabricate new part to fit existing doors if they are redundantneed changing or just repairing
• Glass and beading changes / staining and varnishing etc.
• An excellent knowledge of and extensive experience of operating as a Fabric Technician Engineer within the Facilities Security Industry.
• Previous experience of working in social sector premises (not essential)
• Knowledge of use of PDA or IPhone)
• Excellent knowledge of fabric repairs to include carpentry, glazing, multiple material door, framework and door furniture repairs.
• Strong awareness of relevant H&S requirements for operating in this role
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Qualified modern apprenticeship to Level 2/3 NVQ vocational framework with relevant City and Guilds Certification, or equivalent.
• Salary £26K - £30K, dependant on Industry qualifications.
• Company Vehicle VW Caddy with GPS tracker
• Out of hours callout (Mon 5.00pm - Mon 8.30am) 1 - 6 weeks
• Pension Scheme
• 20 days holiday per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays