|Job Ref:||204560152||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rotherham||Address:||Post Code:||S60||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:43|
My client is looking for a self-motivated individual to join a curtain wall and glazing design team for a large global main contractor with the potential to assist on international projects. |
Skills & Experience:
• Must come from curtain wall and glazing background
• Proficient in AutoCAD including standards and best practice for drawing management, Microsoft Office (Other software such as Inventor, or Revit also beneficial in the future but not essential)
• Familiar with Electronic Document Management Systems used by the large UK contractors.
• Adaptable and familiar with the practices and procedures of large UK contractors
• Experience working as part of a CAD team - best practice and procedures. Managing of same team beneficial
• Familiar with UK/EU regulations relating to curtain wall and glazing
• CSCS card beneficial but not required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate design between subcontractors and deliver fully coordinated drawings taking into account designers details and specifications as well as manufacturing considerations.
• Follow design deliverables, raise and respond to RFIs
• Identify opportunities and potential implications for value engineering beneficial
• Identify design risks
• Opportunity to conduct site inspections - Record and identify clashes, conflicts, discrepancies and make sure drawings reflect site conditions.
• Beneficial to demonstrate understanding of contractual responsibilities for main contract and sub-contracts.
• CAD technicians will not be considered unless they have curtain wall or glazing experience