|Job Ref:||204558148||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stafford||Address:||Post Code:||ST17||Salary:||£27573/annum pension and car + 25 days holiday||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:45|
Maintenance Surveyor / Asset Inspector|
Salary - £27,573
25 days holiday, choice of pension schemes and car (electric)
35 Hours, Permanent Contract
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Maintenance Surveyor / Asset Inspector to contribute to the successful delivery and development of a social housing provider's Asset Management Team. They are a not for profit organisation with a strong focus on delivering a successful business with social objectives.
On a day to day basis you will ensure that a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained at all times. Working with other team members to ensure the successful delivery of the Group's quality and business improvement programmes you will also work with other team members to ensure the identification and implementation of good practice and innovative maintenance initiatives.
The successful candidate will have experience of building surveying and defect diagnosis as An understanding of relevant Statutory Regulations relating to Housing providers; including, but not limited to: Asbestos awareness, Building Regulations, Gas and Electrical safety is also required. Technical knowledge of building construction, maintenance and refurbishment processes and the ability to write technical specifications, reports and instruction is essential. In addition to this you will ideally have knowledge of housing I.T. systems.
Due to the nature of the role you must hold a current valid driving license. In return the successful candidate will be offered flexible working hours, full access to an online employee assistance programme, free parking and access to a Company pension.
To provide effective responsive repairs, and a voids maintenance service to all our customers including planning, implementing and supervision of works.
• To carry out pre and post inspections for day to day repairs.
• To carry out inspections to all properties including voids, on request from or in liaison with, lettings staff and preparing schedules of repairs and reports as requested.
• To be responsible for implementing and monitoring emergency repairs procedures in designated areas.
• To assess requests for tenants' own alterations and advise Estates & Communities staff of the implications, and when requested, to give formal permission for such alterations.
• To carry out surveys for cyclical and planned maintenance work, scheme improvements, renewal and modernisation schemes.
• To inspect works on site for schemes of renovation or repair to ensure that the work and materials are to approved standards..
• To check, query and authorise where necessary invoices for general repairs.
• To supervise contractors on site, inspecting records and documentation where necessary, to ensure correct charges are being made to the Group.
The suitable candidate will have:
• Experience of working within social housing repairs and maintenance
• Full, clean driving licence
• HNC, BSc or similar qualification within building construction or similar is desirable
Niyaa People represent property professionals seeking freelance or permanent employment across the Midlands region from our Birmingham office.
£100 referral incentive:
If you know of anyone who you feel maybe suitable for this role we would welcome a personal or professional referral. We thank each successful referral with £100