|Job Ref:||204558582||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Essex / London Borders||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £90000/annum £Neg. + Car + Health + Pension||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:45|
Estimator - Building|
Refurb/New Build/D&B/Small Works
£Neg. Car, Pension & Healthcare
Our client is a London based contractor that has been established over 30 years. They complete a range of projects ranging from £10k to £5m to include refurbishment, new build, design and build and small works across a range of sectors to include; education, residential, commercial, historic and retail sectors. Thy have an enviable reputation for their ability to deliver quality work to programme and budget.
Due to a continued increase in workload they are now seeking to appoint an Estimator to join their team to compile competitive tenders using the Conquest estimating package.
• Ideally have a relevant construction HNC/Degree - Highly beneficial but not essential
• A minimum of two years UK experience within a building estimating role
• Competent in breaking down a specification from drawings into subcontract packages and obtaining prices from subbies for the work
• Able to complete site visits and measures
• Analysis of subcontract prices
• Liaison with clients to obtain access and information during the tender period
• Knowledge of SMM6 & 7. Ability to take off and form into a BOQ
• Provide final tender document for consideration of Directors/Contracts Manager
• Liaison on Contracts Managers, Director and potential clients regarding financial issues
• You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Polished client facing skills
• Be commercially and contractually aware
• Stable work history
• IT Literate - Knowledge of Conquest highly beneficial
• Have a full UK Drivers Licence
This is an excellent opportunity for an Estimator looking to join a contractor that offers excellent career development opportunities.
Salary: £Neg. Car, Healthcare & Pension.
Please forward a CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building and civil engineering sectors throughout the UK.
Building Estimator II Estimator