|Job Ref:||204562600||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Greenwich||Address:||Post Code:||SE10||Salary:||£9 - £11/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:45|
Our client, a Large Highways Maintenance Company, is looking for a Highways Maintenance Operative to join their team and cover work across South East London.|
Based out of Greenwich, there are a number of opportunities for an experienced Operative to help cover their busy road network on the day shifts. Salary will be dependent on experience and tickets held by the individual.
The client is looking for candidates who ideally have their HGV licenses, but this is not limiting to the right person. You'll be working as part of a team in South East London who ensure operational cover 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, and your expected hours are 40 hours per week with overtime expected intermittently.
- Respond to incidents on the road network within designated timescales ensuing relevant parties including the London Control Centre are updated through the use of appropriate communication systems.
- Utilising appropriate signage and ensuring legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs to the network as required, using plant and equipment, provided relevant training has been received.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with the general Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Working outside in all sorts of variable weather conditions
- A large amount of physical work, using a range of tools and carrying heavy materials. It can also be dirty. Employers will provide workers with personal protective equipment, Including clothing, high-visibility jackets, ear protectors, eye protection, hard hats and boots.
- This position has been identified as a Safety Critical Position and will be subject to random drugs and alcohol testing.
- Must be educated to GCSE level or equivalent with a Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics (preferred)
- Relevant industry tickets/NVQ
- Knowledge of the London road network
- Some Highways Maintenance knowledge gained through either work placements, work experience, in college
- Applicants MUST be over 18 years of age due to insurance requirements
- CSCS Card
- Desirable to have New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA Ticket)
- A full clean driving license is essential
- HGV license is beneficial but not essential
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns or tasks allocated
- Computer literate and able to use tough book (for which training is provided)
- Willingness to work overtime at short notice
- Able to commute to South East London
-Practical ability for handling small tools and machinery
- A responsible attitude towards Health and Safety
Does the above sound like your cup of tea? If you tick enough boxes to fulfill the requirements for this Highways Maintenance Operative role then apply today with your CV!
If you don't have your CV at hand then give Sarah a call at the office for a chat about the role a bit further