|Job Ref:||204562684||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Pension, Medical, Life Assurance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:45|
A leading chartered quantity surveying practice, specialising in Heritage, Leisure and Museums are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their vibrant London office, based a short walk from Holborn tube station.
Unique and interesting projects, supportive and collaborative working environment, this is a great chance for a Quantity Surveyor to join a progressive consultancy with a loyal client base and fantastic reputation in project deliver.
The successful quantity surveyor will be working as part of a team to deliver a range of projects including work on the HMS Belfast, design and build of a community arts centre, contemporary are and design gallery in Soho and a private school requiring a theatre and arts centre.
You will have responsibility as part of the team to deliver these projects and will be given projects that fit your experience to lead on.
Day to Day Duties:
* Initial Feasibility and early cost advice
* Sit in on weekly project reviews with Contracts Director as required
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
* Review Value an Agree Variations to Contracts
* Cost Advice on Professional Fees
* Work closely with Contracts Management team
* Submission & Negotiation of Final Accounts
* Validating Subcontractor Applications
* Prepare estimates and bills of quantities
* Attend de-brief meetings at end of Projects
* Have high expectations and lead by example
* Develop new ideas and take an active role in business development
* The Person
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
* 3 year post graduate experience with a degree in a relevant subject e.g. quantity surveying
* Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
* Track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
* Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions
This is a unique opportunity for a quantity surveyor to work for a renowned consultancy, on exciting and unique projects focused across luxury builds. Not only this, but you will work directly with Partners giving you an opportunity to understand all aspects of the business and be supported in achieving your potential.
* £40,000 - £50,000 (DOE)
* Private medical care
* Life assurance
* Company pension matched to 6%
* Share incentive scheme
* Holiday allowance + buy and sell option.
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for intermediate quantity surveyors and senior quantity surveyors at every stage in their career.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Elisha Riddett at Brandon James.
UK / London/ MRICS / Residential/ Consultancy /Arts/ Museums / Community/ Quantity Surveyor