|Job Ref:||204562718||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Malmesbury||Address:||Post Code:||SN16||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum car, pension, fuel, shares scheme||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:45|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Industry: Building and Construction
Location: Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 + package
JOB DESCRIPTION: Daniel Owen are a recruitment company that specialise in placing people within the building and construction, engineering, rail & maintenance industries. We are currently recruiting on behalf of a large nationwide building and construction company that specialises in traditional, new build housing projects with their region delivering up to 700 units per year.
Our client is looking for someone with minimum 2-3 years of surveying experience within housing to join their commercial team in Wiltshire. This is opportunity for someone who is looking to make a step up in their career with one of the strongest construction companies in the country and grow within. You will work alongside Senior Surveyor to begin with and gradually gain full responsibility of 2~3 projects. Projects normally range from 30 to couple of hundred units.
Daily responsibilities of Assistant Quantity Surveyor will include:
* Reporting into Senior Quantity Surveyor and carry out:
* Monthly CVR's
* Managing sub-contractor accounts
* Pricing variations and valuations
* Working to schedule of rates
* Helping with procurement of sub-contractor, etc.
Requirements for the role of Assistant Quantity Surveyor
* Previous housing experience (minimum 2-3 years)
* BSc or HND (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
* Ideally working towards CIOB or RICS accreditation
* Relevant CSCS Card and full UK Driving Licence
* Strong commercial awareness
If you feel you would be well-suited for this position please apply, or contact Simona for more information (Apply online only) or e-mail