|Job Ref:||204561210||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||St Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Salary:||£17000 - £20000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:48|
Based in St Albans, our client, a local successful market place leader, is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their friendly and hardworking team.|
This company works with clients requiring maintenance work all over Hertfordshire and central London.
Fully equipped van with all tools provided - subject to successful completion of probationary period.
The technician will report to the Office Manager and is responsible for:-
• Performing routine maintenance and repairs in plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting - including jobs such as emergency lighting, fire alarm testing etc.
• Assisting in maintaining property appearance, equipment and systems to ensure operational performance and operational efficiency/safety
• Assisting in monitoring work performed by outsourced contractors
• Participates in safety/emergency training programs provided by management
• Some similar experience would be beneficial
• Computer literacy - Word/Excel/Outlook - in particular Excel, to be able to report back to the Office Manager
• Possess knowledge to safely and effectively use building maintenance tools and equipment
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks
• Strong communicator over phone and face to face
• Happy to travel throughout Herts and Central London
• Willing to work evenings, early starts, weekends and holidays as required (40hrs per week)
• Uniform will be provided
This is a customer facing role so exceptional people skills are essential.
There will be up to six months' formal training work alongside current staff, to meet clients and understand their requirements.
Salary: £18k - £20k
Hours: 40 hours per week, with time given off in lieu within the week for any weekend work
Benefits include: Annual bonus - discretionary, auto-enrolment pension, healthcare after two years' service (subject to satisfactory performance)
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.