|Job Ref:||204561283||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum £35k-£45k basic +exc benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:31|
Qauntity Surveyor - £35-45k basic + pension + car + tablet + phone + laptop |
Based nr. Cheltenham (must reside in a GL postcode)
A leading independent engineering, IT and facilities services business is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to their team in the Cheltenham office. The business invests continually in their own employee's training and development and this is an exciting time to join a rapidly expanding business.
To provide commercial support including assisting in developing commercial strategy for specific project/s by maintaining and maximising the profitability of the project/s, through timely requests for payment, minimising of cost including sub-contractor, agreement of variations, securing of payments at the appropriate time and accurate reporting.
To be successful you will need to be able to;
- Understand and ensure that as a company we comply with Health and Safety standards ensuring that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities relating to the activities they complete
- Commercial Risk Identification Understanding and negotiation of contract terms for projects and specific risks this may place upon the business, prior to any agreement of contract / amendments and ensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project.
- Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations throughout the project in order to mitigate and protect from risk.
- Presents to operational teams the risks and T's & C's Applications for payment / Valuations
Responsible for the preparation and submission of applications for payment or invoices on time with appropriate substantiation of CE's / Variations
- Subcontract Management Ensure appropriate subcontract documentation is produced and issued in line with company procedures and manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement Cash Collection Production of cash flows and ensure payments are administered in line with the contract ensuring protection to the business
- Commercial Administration Liaising with relevant operational management to have a continual understanding as to status of projects with respect to; applications, certifications, payment received, timeliness of delivery, quality of delivery and tender allowances.
- Ensure the standard filling system is in place and available with all relevant information Internal Reporting Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, sales declared and consequently profit declared.
-able to present clear reports Final Account Settlement In accordance with the delegated authorities matrix and consultation with appropriate operational management, prepare on a progressive basis and settle project account with Client at a level that does not negatively impact internally declared sales and settle Subcontractors accounts within internally declared allowances Technical Can demonstrate a full understanding M & E systems and installations
-able to communicate effectively and able to manage the training requirements for the team and others. Be able to present effectively internally in the business
£35-45k basic (possibly more for greater experience) +car +tablet +laptop +mobile +pension