|Job Ref:||204563121||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||West London||Address:||Post Code:||W1||Salary:||£80000 - £85000/annum + Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:48|
Our client is looking for a Senior Construction Planner to work on a 80m mixed used development in the City of London. A name synonymous with the construction industry for over 40 years and with a reputation for quality, is a leading UK building and engineering contractor. This top contractor believes in the benefits of co-operative working and seek to apply the principles of partnering in the course of their work.
* Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document. Attend post tender meetings and presentations.
* Production of Contract Programme in conjunction with site team, assist with placing orders for Scaffolding and major items of plant, production of Information Required Schedule and/or procurement programme.
* Preparation of programme and method information for use during presentation interviews or for inclusion in submission document. Attend meetings - presentation skills required.
* Responsible for scheduling and obtaining quotations for scaffold, identifying temporary support problems and providing solutions in conjunction with temporary works engineer, specifying and obtaining quotations for major items of plant (Tower cranes, hoists etc.).
* Preparation of Tender Programme and General Method Statement for the overall contract.
* Assist Estimators in preparation of preliminaries document. Normally a Site Visit is required to establish site restrictions and conditions.
* Responsible for any major updates of the programme required during the contract period in conjunction with the site team.
* Must have experience of the site construction process and site organisations.
* Must be highly IT literate.
* Must have high level of presentation skills
* Must have qualifications in a construction subject.
* Must have substantive planning experience within a major contracting company, preferably including responsibility for projects within the refurbishment sector.
* Must have at least 5 years Senior Planning experience