|Job Ref:||204563128||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South East London||Address:||Salary:||£75000 - £80000/annum + Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:48|
This privately owned top ten main contractor is going through a measured expansion, and is looking for a Senior Mechanical & Electrical Manager to run a large new build Construction Commercial & Retail scheme being built underneath the 02 Arena. This contractor is renowned for its innovation and commitment to delivery on time and on budget and specialises in Commercial, Education, Health & Leisure Schemes across London.|
The ideal candidate will have a professional, pro-active approach. You will be an effective communicator, procedurally minded and have experience in working effectively with customers, consultants and the supply chain. Additionally, you will have an organised and methodical nature, be persistent and thorough, with proven experience in delivering building services engineering installations in line with defined project goals. Experience on one or £5m+ to large (£20m+) projects is desirable.
To deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the project team and applying our clients systems, procedures and culture. Specifically, to manage the building services engineering design/installation process, and to minimise risks associated with this to the project and to the company. On projects of suitable size, to manage the our clients building services with the project team to achieve the project engineering goals.
Promote our clients philosophy internally and externally with clients and specialist contractors. Operational responsibility for delivery of building services engineering works in terms of Health and Safety, programme, and quality.
* Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with the Client, the designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
* Contribute to the regular Project Report, and attend Project Meetings.
* Review designers and contractors drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc).
* Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements (specification, drawings etc.)
* Provide expertise in planning and executing the building services engineering commissioning.
* Responsible for the services engineering works on their projects in conjunction with the project team.
* Produce monthly Engineering Services Status Reports on their projects,
* Provide guidance in the production of the project programme.
* Contribute Value Engineering skills.
* Vet and propose specialist contractors, systems and manufacturers for projects.
* Contribute engineering services content to proposal team for inclusion in Tender Proposals.
* Represent the company at Pre-qualification, Pre-tender and Tender meetings and presentations.
* Take on the role of mentor to junior engineers
* Good general knowledge of building services engineering systems.
* An in-depth knowledge and expertise in some specific areas e.g. IT cabling, controls, etc.
* Good communicator.
* Ability to make decisions.
* Leadership and people management skills for small engineering team.
* Competent in Health and Safety management.
* Programme driven, pushing each stage of the building services engineering contract works.
* Eye for quality.
* Good organiser and good at system implementation.
* Prepared to be innovative.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Ability to build and develop relationships e.g. marketing relationships with external professionals and clients, strategic relationships with contractors and suppliers.
* Political awareness
* High level strategic thinker at a project level.
* Low level strategic thinker for building services engineering skills within Division.
* Recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering or other appropriate engineering subject.
* The candidate should hold or be working towards an appropriate grade of membership in a recognised engineering institution e.g. CIBSE, IEE etc.
* Candidates without formal engineering qualifications may be considered if they have acquired sufficient experience to demonstrate competence in the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
* Ideally (but not essential) experienced within the High end Residential
* Good understanding of building services engineering systems and management, preferably gained largely in a site environment.
* Good understanding of the overall construction process, specifically as it interfaces with and affects the building services engineering design and installation.
* Understanding of the pre-construction process, and management of the design and procurement phases of the project.
* Proven experience in successfully managing a variety of building services engineering systems installations, in projects ranging from £5m+ to £20m+
* Production of reports, both on project issues and on wider engineering issues.
* Self motivated.
* Effective and flexible team member.
* Ability to communicate positively and effectively.
* Lead by example