|Job Ref:||204560881||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:45|
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading UK developer of retirement homes and apartments. In the role of Senior Architect you will assist with the design and planning process for projects through the production of feasibility studies, sketch schemes, detailed design and design and access statements. You'll also assist the Development Director and Land Director in evaluating the development potential of new sites.
* Provide design expertise at feasibility, sketch, planning and detailed design stages whilst observing company design policies as well as government and local authority policies.
* Initiate and carry out any desk top design studies as may be necessary, including discussions with the planning authorities as may be required to establish site densities, layout and other details likely to be acceptable to the planning authorities.
* Prepare detailed sketch designs for preliminary submission to planning authorities, and, if a site is purchased, prepare formal planning application or liaise with in house Development Managers, Consultant Architects and Engineers, as appropriate to achieve planning permissions.
* Carry out detailed evaluations of the design implications of the concept submitted for planning and continue negotiations with the planning authorities in conjunction with Consultant Architect and Regional Planner as required, with a view to obtaining acceptance of the design.
* Prepare presentations for submission to Local Authorities District Planning Office. Make any amendments to the Application as may be required by the Development Director or Manager as a result of planning negotiations or as a result of instructions from the Regional Managing Director.
* Assist the Development Director and Development Managers in conjunction with the programme for individual projects and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines and Regional targets are met.
* The Senior Architect will operate AutoCAD and Revit 17 to a high degree of proficiency utilising the Company's standard range of plans and details for the preparation of general arrangement and detail drawings.
* Visit sites as necessary to perform design responsibilities.
* Ensure that all design work carried out both in house and by external consultants is at all times cost effective, within agreed budgets, and in compliance with current Building Regulations.
* Precision and accuracy in all design work is essential and errors in this work can be costly to the Company. Important Company decisions may be made based on the viability studies and reports produced by the Architect.
* The jobholder must have an accurate working knowledge of the relevant policies and regulations, and ensure that designs comply with the requirements of the approval authorities.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Architect and a member of the RIBA or RIAS. You'll have solid experience in an Architects Department or in Private Practice and you'll be capable of operating Autocad and Revit 17 to a high standard. You'll also ideally have a CSCS Site Visitor card. Previous Architectural experience of residential projects would be preferable.
For further information or to apply, please contact Nick at Intec
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)