|Job Ref:||204559512||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greater Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||BL1||Salary:||£55000 - £56000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:45|
Estimator and Construction|
Location - Greater Manchester
Salary - £55,000 -£60,000 Plus Package
I currently have a requirement for an Estimator to join a busy pre-construction department working with a highly regarded contractor. The purpose of this position will be, ensuring delivery in accordance to time cost and quality.
Ideally, you will be working towards MRICS or MCIOB, to have worked competently with Conquest and have a steady work history, of continued success with another recognised Contractor.
My client delivers projects that include education, leisure and culture, hotels, offices, custodial, health, retail, national frameworks for Government and local authorities.
This is an exciting time to join the business, with an estimate of 90% of works already in for next year and the support of a team who consist of 2 x Pre Construction Directors and a group of Estimators what a great time to consider your next move!
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
* Controlling costs timings and quality in accordance to KPI's
* Taking off of quantities
* To have previously worked with Conquest system and be familiar in the use of
* Agreeing price of the trades and adopting initial principles in accordance with the business output
* To lead the preparation and completion of pricing of tenders in relation to the cost plan
* Maintenance of a successful "Bid Rate"
* The ability to identify and add value throughout the project process
* Deliver to the customer specification and the reinforcement of expectations
* Understand the preliminaries in respect of site requirements
* To understand and accurately understand/interpret the client brief
* Monitoring the quality of work and taking appropriate action where necessary
* Recognition of your own strengths and weaknesses and being strategic to minimise the impact on your limitations
NVQ 4/HNC/Degree in Estimating/ Construction/Quantity Surveying
MCIOB or MRICS (Working Towards)
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel on (Apply online only).
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application, then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Search & Selection whose services are those of an Employment Agency