|Job Ref:||204559316||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Battersea||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:30|
CONTRACTS MANAGER - Asbestos/Quilling|
6 months Fixed Term Contract
Careys - We Care
The Carey Group is a leading, independently owned Construction Company, operating across the UK and Ireland. Well-established and unique within the construction industry, we specialise in civil engineering, concrete structures, building, demolition, asbestos removal and waste management.
ION - About Us:
ION Environmental Solutions Ltd is growing - we are a full service licensed asbestos surveying, abatement and asbestos removal company specialising in residential, commercial, retail and industrial sectors across the UK.
Our specialist and highly trained staff place safety and quality at the core of their approach to providing the right solution for each individual project. Our expertise is in the management of asbestos, whether it is identification, management, removal or disposal.
Purpose of Role:
Due to an exciting new project win, we are seeking a Contracts Manager with clear leadership ability and an exceptional 'Teamwork Ethic' who is not only motivated to control the day-management of this project, but is a driver of 'The Carey Way' vision - who can see the bigger picture and can demonstrate the ability to pull our teams together through collaborative working. There will be a team of approximately 70 on-site.
You will need to have previous robust experience in managing specialist sub-contractors on complex, large-scale Asbestos removal and quilling / shot blasting projects in order to be considered for this role.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide a first point of interface for the Client, ensuring all expectations targets are either met or exceeded
• Ensure high-quality, safe and timely delivery within budgeted costs
• Provide inspirational leadership and manage productivity of the contract/site team
• Ensure that policies and procedures are followed by conducting audits
• Constantly seek competitive advantage through innovation
• Take ownership of the Bid proposal, strategy and constraints in order to meet project forecast deliverables and obligations
• Chair meetings, review and prepare reports, taking full responsibility for all operational and commercial elements
• Ensure all works carried out comply with Health & Safety and environmental legislation
• Record keeping relating to site labour, plant, materials, safety, KPIs and environmental records
Our company is full of passionate and capable people and we need like-minded professionals to join us in shaping our company into the future
If you and are keen to progress your career with an employer who cares about the well-being and satisfaction of their staff, please apply to Claire Beattie, Recruitment Manager at Carey Group PLC
*Carey Group PLC are proud to be an equal opportunities employer