|Job Ref:||204559178||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Bexhill-on-Sea||Address:||Post Code:||TN39||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:30|
Our client is seeking an experienced Plumbing Supervisor for this supplier to the building trade.|
Responsible for managing an implant within a branch, with key accountability for delivering excellent performance by driving sales, controlling costs, budgeting and ultimately managing profit performance.
Key Activities: Implant Management, Sales, Customer Service, Commercial Awareness, Finance, Health, Safety and Environment and Task Allocation.
Experience: Health and Safety, Advance Systems and Branch Procedures,
Sales Techniques, Product Knowledge, Financial Planning, Exposure to other brands, Exposure to other branch sizes, Sales Techniques, Branch Procedures
Health and Safety, Advanced Systems & Product Knowledge
Behavioural: Making Decisions, Customer Focus, Delivering Results Management & Leadership: Growing the business, Personal Drive, Making Decisions, Customer Focus, Delivering Results
Personality and Motivation: Controlling, Forward Thinking, Conscientious, Outgoing, Target Driven, Commercial, Flexible, Directive, Conscientious, Sociable,
What should a Plumbing Supervisor be doing?
• Manages day to day activities involving all operating processes and procedures
• Identifies where changes and improvements can be made
• Responds and deals with suppliers within limits and where applicable, including the purchase of products to replenish stock
• Facilitates sales within the implant and ensures efficiency
• Identifies opportunities with new clients and markets, working towards an improved customer base
• Identifies customer needs and requirements
• Creates sales plans for specific business areas, sectors and products
• Provides advice, information and quotations to ensure a maximum level of sales and margin
• Builds and maintains productive relationships with customers and suppliers
• Takes responsibility for resolving issues with orders and customer deliveries
• Keeps up to date with the local market in regards to customers, trends and products
• Helps set the strategy and objectives for the implant
• Monitors performance against objectives
• Delivers and meets budgetary controls within the implant
• Identifies and recommends profit improvement plans
• Involved in cash collection and the control of both stock and debtors to achieve cash flow targets
• Involved in maximising financial results for sales, return on capital and PBIT
• Monitors budgetary requirements
Health, Safety and Environment
• Ensures compliance with policies and procedures
• Provides prompt and accurate reports of any incidents
• Recommends improvements to system to achieve best practice
Task Allocation and Supervision (where applicable)
• Supervises staff to ensure employees are clear on work priorities
• Motivates staff to achieve goals and keep open communication channels
What should a Plumbing Supervisor be equipped with?
Educational Qualification: Working towards 3 GCSE grade C or above (including Maths and English or equivalent)
IT Systems: Able to use Microsoft packages for creating documents and working with data
Sales Techniques: Knowledge of counter and telephone sales techniques including proactive and advanced sales, merchandising, and maximising margin. Negotiation skills with an ability to escalate price decisions where appropriate
Advanced Systems and Branch Procedures: Knowledge of branch administration, audit trail and supply chain awareness
Product Knowledge: Specific knowledge of the product lines used in implant
Health and Safety: Knowledge of health and safety, particularly within first aid, manual handling, fire situations and appropriate mechanical handling. Knowledge of transport legislation where applicable
How should a Plumbing Supervisor be doing this?
Making Decisions: Takes personal ownership of decisions and their consequences. Initiates and generates activity
Customer Focus: Provides superior service by understanding customer needs and exceeding expectations. Establishes good relationships with customers. Networks with customers and suppliers by quickly building rapport. Is sensitive and supportive of others. Manages conflict in a constructive manner. Is approachable and professional
Delivering Results: Assumes personal ownership for achieving results. Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities to achieve them. Manages time effectively, prioritising appropriately. Monitors performance and is flexible. Follows company policies and procedures. Makes clear decisions, using own initiative and understand consequences
Growing the Business: Demonstrates financial awareness and keeps up to date with the market. Takes proactive action to control costs and increase profitability. Identifies new business opportunities for continuous improvement
Personal Drive: Demonstrates energy, enthusiasm and commitment. Demonstrates integrity in all dealings and is open and honest with people. Builds, trust, respect and loyalty. Actively engages in self-development, seeks feedback and learns from personal experience
Management and Leadership: Communicates goals and targets. Encourages the team to work together towards results.
Delegates appropriately and monitors team performance effectively. Provides regular, honest feedback and praises good performance. Creates team spirit.
What kind of person should a Plumbing Supervisor be?
Controlling - Likes to be in charge, takes the lead, tells others what to do
Forward Thinking - Takes a long term view, sets goals, more likely to take a strategic perspective
Conscientious - Focuses on getting tasks finished, persists until the job is done
Outgoing - Lively and animated in groups, talkative, enjoys attention
We endeavour to reply to all applications, however, if you haven`t heard from us within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by Grafters Recruitment Consultants / Grafters Accountancy Personnel